Before getting started to request a WordPress account, you need to make the following decisions first:
- Decide the purpose and audience for your website. Who are your target audience? What kind of information will you be posting? How often are you going to be updating content? You won’t have a successful website if you do not know the purpose and audience of your site.
- Decide the web address for your site. This will be in the form of https://web.uri.edu/yoursitename. Do your research and planning ahead of time and choose your site name carefully.
- Decide your website’s name and tagline description.
- Decide whether or not you need to have a customized header image.
- Decide what you will do about comments and whether or not you want to turn off or allow but moderate all comments.
- Decide how you want to handle your own privacy and others’ privacy.
The goal of every website is to deliver information to readers as efficiently as possible. When determining whether to request an account or not, make sure your potential website’s contentwill be able to be clear and concise for readersand other users.